The Cam

We don't have a window to the outside world in our classroom, so we've taken to watching the Cornell Lab Birdfeeder WebCam for much of each day.  Yesterday was a jackpot kind of day as we saw 6 evening grosbeaks at the feeder.  Evening Grosbeaks, people!

It happened during our math lesson.  The Thirdlanders shouted, "Take a picture, Take a picture! HURRY!"  Then they wanted to see the picture on my phone.  Then they wanted me to tweet the picture right away. And they suggested I put the photo on our classroom blog.  Not a ton of math was happening, but I think the Evening Grosbeak just acquired a slew of life long fans.  Fans they obviously well deserve.  We salute you, Evening Grosbeaks!

Comments

So cool. Love the bird cam idea. But no window? That's a bummer. I think I'd go nuts.
mm said…
I love that they wanted you to take a picture and needed to see it.
Anonymous said…
We used to watch bird cams in that room! I think I know who needs to be in charge of our school bird cams.
ks
KC said…
This is a brilliant idea for dealing with a room with no window. I wish I'd thought of that when I was at EHS.
LH said…
I should have pointed out that we have windows that look out on to a beautiful atrium with lots of greenery.

Sometimes though, it would be nice to see a spot of sky. Thus the web cam. It's fun.

Popular Posts