We never dance polka.

Tr:  Anakhnu af-pa'am lo rokdim polka.

Hey ho, Hi ho and how are you doing? It's time for Thursday Creativity Share.  Welcome! 

I just learned about these crazy creations called gathas, simple little poems you recite along with the rhythm of your breathing.  Gathas can help you with staying mindful.  Example:

Before starting the car
I know where I am going.
The car and I are one,
if the car goes fast, I go fast.

Nice, right?  There are gathas for brushing your teeth, washing the dishes, waking up.  Here's a gatha I wrote to recite when I start worrying because I don't know what my job will be next year. 

I am 53 years old.
I have no job.
My fate is in others' hands.
Nothing can be done. 

And that's Thursday Creativity Share.  It's a wrap. See you next week with more creative stuff you need to know about.

Comments

KC said…
I love them. I have a job for you here at my school in MN. I will find you one if it's the last thing I ever do.
LH said…
Thanks doll.

A job will appear eventually. My real problem is probably my lack of patience.
mm said…
I've never heard of gathas... nice.
Anonymous said…
It's only the second week of February. Things will start to heat up right after spring break. People want you but I really want you.
jw
Anonymous said…
Are those pansies from your garden? They're beautiful.
jw
LH said…
MM, I've been saying some gathas today. One I found on line that I like a lot goes like this:

With the in breath: I am solid
With the out breath: I am free.

Nice.

JW. You know patience isn't my strong suit. I'm calming down though because I just feel it's going to work out. Yes, those pansies are in our garden. And the orchid. And so many cyclamen. OUr landman is a master gardener. Love being out there.

Popular Posts