Look and listen.

Tr: Tir'e ve tishma.

Huddle up Peeps, It's time for the Monday Writing Report (MWR).  I know this isn't the most exciting day of the week for you beautiful blog readers, but you're definitely helping me out with my accountability and focus, so it's all worth it.

Today was a productive day.  Why, you ask?  Let's break it down.

1.  I worked on campus.  It's a little easier to focus when I'm not working right next to my bed and kitchen.
2.  Morning pages are really helping me get into the groove. Morning pages are 15 minutes of stream of consciousness writing that I type each day, super fast.  I instantly delete them when I'm done. It's very freeing and a great way to let go of worries and woes. Julia Cameron's Artist's Way series is the inspiration for this valuable writing tool. Kudos, Julia!
3.  I've decided to be okay about the reality that when I get home this summer, I will still be working on this project.  So remember when you see me this summer to say stuff like, "How awesome that you didn't finish your project and you can still spend time with it now that you're home?"
4.  After 3 or 4 slow draggy days, the 5th day is when stuff usually gets a little easier.  Not a lot, just a little.  And that's good to remember.  I plan to let my students waste time for 3 to 4 days before kicking it into gear next year during writer's workshop.  We've got to trust the process. Everyone needs to know this.

Comments

Mary M. said…
I love the idea of deleting the stream....
Anonymous said…
I promise to say that as we hang out. Because we will. All the time.
jw

Popular Posts