Don't talk during the movie.

Tr: Lo ledaber bizman ha'seret.
This very day I read a book review about a memoir written by a guy who took Lariam, which is an anti-malaria medication and lariam caused him to have amnesia.  He was in India and totally forgot who he was.  It took him a long time to get back to himself.  You need to know that lariam might save you from malaria, but it can also wipe out your identity.

Later this very day I read another review about another person who wrote a book about her amnesia that happened when a fan fell from the wall and hit her head.  She never recovered her memories and had to start life over from scratch.  You need to make sure heavy objects are fastened securely around the home site.

Both amnesiacs wrote books that sound interesting to me.  I wish I could make my book on teaching writing seem a bit more dramatic.  Amnesia's out, but there has to be something wrong with me that could snazz this story up a bit.

Comments

mm said…
Sometimes the "nuts and bolts" of teaching just aren't dramatic... I'm sure your book is great without amnesia.
Anonymous said…
I"m loving that book by Jo Baker, Longbourne.
jw
LH said…
MM, it'll be awhile before we can call it a book, but I'm plugging away. Today was a fun day of jotting down more notes and reading some cool articles.

That was my fave book of the year, JW. When I finished I was pretty sad.
KC said…
I'm so glad that my mom didn't lose her identity when that picture fell on her head while she was sleeping! That would have sucked so bad.

Popular Posts