Istanbul, Day 7

It's time to kick it into high gear today because we're heading for an island.  There are no motorized vehicles allowed on this island.  That's going to be pleasant.  I had a slight case of crowdaphobia yesterday, which involved a car almost killing me.  No big deal, I lived to tell the tale.

Before I got the crowdaphobia, we went in 2 modern art museums.  Loved them both.  I have 2 new fave fascinating artists:  Erol Akyavas and Gulsun Karamustafa.  I also ate a kumpir for lunch, which hit the spot.  It's a potato.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Turns out I didn't see a hedgehog...I saw a groundhog. Potato potato I say.
jw
LH said…
I thought that would have been odd since I don't think they live in North America. I'm sure you agree that hedgehogs are way cuter than ground hogs.

Great day today on Buyudaka Island. We rode bikes. Peter and I talked about how much you would have enjoyed it.
mm said…
Riding bikes on an island with no cars sounds wonderful... what an adventure...
LH said…
It was a highlight of the trip, mm. The weather was perfect. The views were incredible. Buyukada!

Popular Posts