Yom Tov

Tr:  Good Day.

This was the day of travel.  Woke up in Istanbul.  Heading to bed in Haifa. As my grandmother used to say, "How modern are we getting?"

I have a plane etiquette complaint.  Husbandman and I had aisle seats.  Next to me were 2 people around my age.  They were making out almost the entire flight.  I mean, come on.  This isn't an age-ist observation.  I would be annoyed if they were 15 or 55 or 105.  I found the smoochathon to be a distraction which resulted in my inability to concentrate on my book or my iPad word game. I kept trying to figure out why these people were making out so much.  I almost asked them to share their story with me when they came up for air for a quick lunch, but I didn't want to seem to be encouraging them.

Other than the making out and the v. long passport control lines, the trip went speedily. Our passport control officer looked at my passport and said, "You are from Boston?"
      I said, "Yes, I was born there, but now I live in Indiana."
     "Indiana!  The REAL America!" he gleefully exclaimed.  The guy obviously knows his stuff.   What a pleasant compliment for our Hoosier state. We don't always get credit where our credit is due.


Comments

StreibProjects said…
Indiana is pretty cool.
mm said…
def not proper plane etiquette for anyone... anyone
This is a super funny blog post, mom. Keep up the good work!
Anonymous said…
omg that's hysterical!
jw
KC said…
The maker outers. I'm not sure I would've been able to keep from staring. And GO INDIANA! Heartland supreme!

Popular Posts