Thursday Creativity Share

Sometimes I want a tattoo, but I always fear that my tattoo and/or its story won't be interesting after awhile.  I enjoy reading the tattoo stories of others. Lucky for me, and all of us,  there's a new book of tattoo tales called Pen and Ink. You can read some tattoo stories here from the book if you want. I think they're brilliant.

I'm reading The One and Only Ivan to my class right now and I wish everyone who hasn't read that book would start reading it today.  If they feel like it.  Anne Hoppe is the editor of the book and she talks about helping Katherine Applegate create a new picture book about Ivan the Shopping Mall gorilla.  I love the interview because it shows how bound the editor and writer are to each other.  That's what I'm writing about right now, so when I see articles like this, I get the energy to push on.

Today is John Lennon's birthday.  If I were in school, I'd be reading John's Secret Dreams to my students.  I love that book.  There are song lyrics woven through the story and my students love to hear me sing the songs as I read the book.  I love and miss John Lennon. Thinking about John is making me a little sad, so it's time to wrap it up, bid farewell to my beautiful Bakehouse booth and go off to school to work on report cards.  Not fun, but I'll get it done.  Today I'll work, and not shirk.

Thursday Creativity Share's a wrap.  Tattoo stories. Conversation with a creative editor about a new book about a gorilla. John Lennon's Secret Dreams explored in a beautiful picture book.  I guess you could say I've outdone myself once again.


Comments

Unknown said…
Your parents look awesome. I wish I could have given them a hug while they were in Btown.
jw
Jane and I recently went to an exhibition at Le Musée Quai Branly in Paris. It is a wonderful museum and has an exhibition on tattoos and tattoo artists. It was fascinating. Here is the linkhttp://www.quaibranly.fr/en/programmation/exhibitions/currently/tatoueurs.html
If you ever get to Paris, you should go to this museum.
Nancy said…
This picture is awesome! I,too, wish I could have seen them and given them a hug!
N
Unknown said…
Thanks for this important weekly feature. I now want to read the book about John Lennon.
mm said…
I love The One and Only Ivan! I also love my tattoo. Actually, I do have an idea for another one, and I'm not sure why I haven't made it happen.
LH said…
We had a lot of fun together last weekend. My mom and dad are great company and very easy house guests.

Yes, KC, the John Lennon book. I really love it.

UL, I went to the exhibit site. So cool. I linked it to this post. Merci!

One and Only Ivan is really an amazing book. I don't usually like re-reading books, but this one is working out wonderfully for me and the Thirdlanders.

Popular Posts