The Gathering


We invited the 2 other third grade classes into our room yesterday.  That added up to about 70 kids, which was kind of a lot.  We read some poems and we sang a song.  We drank juice and ate fruit roll ups.  It was hot and noisy in the room, so that wasn't too good, but on the flip side it was pleasant to have the clans of Thirdlandia gathered together in celebration.

On another note, did you know that the Delaware tribe consisted of three clans:  the turtles, the turkeys and the wolves?  Here's another neat fact.  Back in the day, a Delaware dad didn't raise his kids.  He raised his sister's kids.  I told Husbandman this fact and he responded,  "They just had to be different, didn't they?"

We're going to see the new Bill Murray movie today.  I'm extremely jazzed about this.  Bill Murray spent a couple of days in Bloomington a few years ago.  We all rode bikes on the B-Line trail together.  I got to know him pretty well.

Comments

mm said…
I do love Bill Murray!
KC said…
I heard that movie is sublime. Let us know, please.
Anonymous said…
The gathering of thirds sounds lovely. I'm sure it was a blast.
jw

Popular Posts