The Elation

Oh man alive, life is good. Sitting here, wearing my school spirit shirt, blogging on my wonderful computer.  Just like the good old days. KR, as I've commented earlier, will from this day forward be referred to here as Miracle Worker, an appellation he has clearly earned.  The gratitude I feel can not be adequately described.  Let's just say you get a big fat 5 on the fist of 5 right now.

It's Friday and I've invited 50 kids in to my room to eat fruit roll ups and read poems. Send good vibes around 3:00 central time.

Thirdlanders continue to amaze me.  Yesterday I told them, "I have such glorious days with you and then the last 5 minutes of the day are such a headache.  I am asking you to make dismissal a pleasant time for Dr. H. so I don't have to go home and tell Husbandman about how I had to raise my voice again during a horrible dismissal."  With their typical earnestness, they responded sympathetically.  Peppy Kid piped up, "You don't want to end your day with nagging!"  We were all clearly on the same page. I put some music on.  The kiddos just buzzed along quietly, cleaning up, packing the book bags, acting funny and sweet.  Weekend, here we come!

Comments

Anonymous said…
KR says "Always a good idea to update your flash". So glad it's the weekend! This was one long ass week my friend!
N
mm said…
Do you have Prince Albert in a can?
You better let him out.
KC said…
You made it to the weekend! Love it!!!
Anonymous said…
KR and NR are awesome people. I'm just saying…
jw

Popular Posts