The Math

  Yesterday I was determined to map out the standards and get more organized with curriculum.  After 3 hours of sorting through standards and putting them in boxes and checking which were considered critical and which were just kind of important, I got in a bad mood.  An anxious mood.  One might even say I was in a state of panic.  I've waited too long to introduce perimeter and area.  They'll never get it now.  I've hardly done any two step word problems and that's going to have serious repercussions.  Come to find out I'm not the math teacher of your dreams and I want to issue a sincere apology to everyone who has ever had me for a math teacher.  I feel like I'm doing my best, but the plain fact of the matter is my best isn't good enough.  I need to do more and I need to start rocking the socks off the math curriculum as of this instant.  I'm heading back to school for a master's in math education next year.

Comments

KC said…
I will join you in the math program. Let's pick an online one and support each other through it.
mm said…
I'm fine with an online program, but you need to be teaching not going off to school.
StreibProjects said…
Can I join too?

Popular Posts