The Tickets

Tickets to Israel purchased.  This is the time I start freaking out.  Why can't I just have a simple life?  I don't know how to get around in Haifa.  I don't know what buses to take.  I don't speak Hebrew.  I don't enjoy meeting new people.  I have anxiety walking into Jimmy John's, so now I'm going to schlep around a new country every day for 9 months? Alone?  Purposeless?  What if people look at me or try to talk to me?  How should I react?  I'm a bundle of nerves, paralyzed by fear.

Comments

LH said…
Had a great day today, so I'm no longer a bundle of nerves. All is well.
KC said…
I wish I could come. Also, I'm back online. I love your blog.
mm said…
You're not a simple person, so you don't get a simple life... this is good.
Anonymous said…
Please tell us you will continue sharing your stories on this blog while you are on your travel adventure!?!? I am glad you feel better!

Sarah M.
Anonymous said…
People will want to talk to you because you are smart and hysterical. Get used to it.
jw
Anonymous said…
We are putting Laura on a plane to NY tomorrow and on to Israel Monday. So glad she will have family in country.
thanks for the KOOL KOMMENTARY peeps.

I'm so glad to have family there too, Kin. Can't wait to see you all next month too.
LH said…
Last comment belonged to me, not to 20 something

Popular Posts