The Review: Something In the Air

Husbandman and I are interrupting the learning blogging to present to you this independent film review.  We saw a french film this week, called Something In the Air.  
Lway:  Husbandman, care to recap?
Hm:  Sure.  
(Husbandman then continued reading about Wimbledon on the computer and did not come back to our review until further prompting.  I remain courteous because we are all upset about Nadal's loss today).
Lway:  So, you wanna recap now?
Hm:  Okay, yeah.  Characters in their late teens get involved in revolutionary movements in Paris in 1970, each taking slightly different paths.
Lway:  They had conviction and passion, but did you think their movements were depicted in ways that made them look silly? Sometimes I thought that.
Hm: No I think they seemed sincere, maybe a little naive, but passionate.
Lway:  You're probably not quite right with that opinion. The movements were depicted as silly in many instances.  Did you have a favorite part?
Hm: I really thought the wild scene in the drug house towards the end was vivid and realistic.
Lway:  I liked that too.  I also liked when the Italian film makers were discussing their film about the Laotian workers.  I like to think about these small groups of people trying to highlight or bring attention to stories we don't know about. What about the old fist of 5?
Hm:  Going to give it a solid 4.  That's actually kind of high.  I'll go with 3.5
Lway.  I agree on the 3.5.  It was a little draggy in parts.  Still, a good film and if people want to see it, they probably should. 
Hm:  I'll add here that my score for The Internship would be a 0.  If anyone wants to see that movie, they should put a gun in their mouth first. 
Lway:  Well said, but we still love Owen and Vince.
Hm:  But just a little less than we used to.



Comments

mm said…
OMG! I love the picture of you and the bass guitar. You must learn continue learning how to play... Maybe I want this for you because I really want it for myself yet have no musical talent.
marion said…
You do look pretty cool here Lee! And I love the look on Quinn's face too! Don't our sons always think we look cool?

Popular Posts