Learning 1: Real Estate

Last night was book club night.  I was the host.  We discussed Round House by Louise Erdrich.  I love the book club because these gals really talk about the book for a long long time, which is awesome AND because everyone drinks quite a lot of wine while we discuss said book.  Books, wine, friends.  Winning combo.  But here's the prob.  Today I was in no shape to really do what anyone would consider great learning.  In short, I was sluggish.  In the afternoon, I planted myself on the couch and watched many Million Dollar Listing shows in a row.  Here's what I learned.

If you buy an apt. for 2.5 million dollars and you only live in it for 6 months because then you decide to move to Singapore, you probably can't list it for more money than you spent on it even if you improved the place with $100,000 on closets and blinds.  Buyers aren't going to go for it because no one believes your place has increased in value in a mere six months.

Picking up some real estate info this afternoon perked me up.  After dinner we watched #1 Son play bass in the musical, SWING.  Well done, #1!

Comments

KC said…
Fascinating. All learning is good learning.
Anonymous said…
The only thing that I learned yesterday was that a mouse built its nest in the shelf on our gas grill while we were away. Yuck!
N
mm said…
I absolutely loved Round House, and our book club had a great discussion about the book. Unfortunately, we didn't have wine.

Popular Posts