The Review: Levon Helm: Ain't In It For My Health

The Black Racer
Okay, so we saw this awesome documentary about Levon Helm.  Here's our review.
LH:  So, what did you think of this film?
Hm:  I thought it was a well done documentary.
LH:  Did you cry 2 times like I did?
Hm:  No I never even came close to crying once.
LH:  Did you have a favorite part?
Hm:  I guess when he sang Springsteen's Atlantic City.
LH: That's one of the times I cried.  Also when they sang The Weight at Woodstock.  There was so much history in this guy's life.  I was really moved by it.
Hm:  (silence)
LH:  Say something now.
HM:  You  didn't ask me anything.
LH:  I don't always have to ask stuff.  The reviews should be more conversational.
Hm:  I was surprised they didn't have more about Dylan's relationship to the band.
LH:  Me too.  I have a feeling there were some tensions around that relationship.
HM:  Probably.
LH:  Fist of 5?
HM:  I'll give it a 4.
LH:  Why just a 4?  It was awesome.
HM:  It wasn't scintillating, but it was good.
LH:  Wouldn't it be great to go to some of those Rambles in his barn?  They sounded so awesome.
HM:  Yeah.
LH:  I'm obviously giving it a 5.
HM: Inflation.
LH:  Our history, our artistic soul.  Not inflation.  Knock it off.  If people want to see it, they should.

Comments

y'all = 2 much. -tsd
cb said…
Great review. The back and forth format really works.

I didn't even know about this documentary and now I really want to see it.

Levon Helm has a few fans in our household. Well, one huge fan and two regular fans.
KC said…
Great review. Love it. Love this feature. Huge fan.

Popular Posts