The Learning: Blog Challenge?

Husbandman and I are spending about ten minutes a day learning Hebrew.  We don't know much yet, but we're getting there.  We're using a book, and a video series, and flash cards that we're making ourselves.  We know about 8 letters and a few phrases.  Our fabulous niece is already in Israel.  She's spending the year there because she's in the first year of rabbinical school.  I can't wait to see her and start showing off my Hebrew to her.  She won't be living in Haifa, but not too far away.  If we can get a car, we'll be able to visit her.  Right now the car situation is problematic.  I'll keep you posted on that.

In the spirit of learning new stuff, I thought a blog challenge might be in order.  30 to 35 entries about new learnings by July 31?  What say you?  Here's a link to a site about learning stuff. Let me know if you're in.  And you all better be in.  No excuses to not contributing to making this the premier blog challenge in the United States.

Right now I'm still cleaning out rooms. In the spirit of learning new things, I learned about a new useful object while cleaning out #1's closet. Way in the back we found something called a beer sling yesterday.  It had 4 beers in it.  #1 Son thought it was hilarious. He laughed quite a bit. I guess it's been back there for about 3 years and he had forgotten about it. I was glad to see the enjoyment he got out of finding the beer sling. I was also glad to learn about a new object, something I now like to call: the beer sling.


Comments

KC said…
Great challenge. I am in it. I am in it to win it.
Mary M. said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
mm said…
At first I wasn't sure about this challenge, but after spending a long time with Feedly (Google Reader) is disappearing, I think I can do it.

I removed first comment... long story.
Mary Childs said…
I'm in and looking forward to learning something...and noticing that I do!
LH said…
This is awesome. MC, send me your blog link so I can put it on ye olde blogrolle
This is just making me laugh so hard. I'm not much for blog challenges, but I will be blogging on Wednesday, maybe about something I learned.
Sarah Gardner said…
I may try this blogging challenge to help me take (and write about!) my pictures. I am woefully behind.
Mary Childs said…
http://www.whitebirchroad.blogspot.com/
Julie Anna said…
maybe I should try. how's that for enthusiasm. I'm very enthused about your blog challenge for other people... I just have to work up a good head of enthusiasm for blogging myself.
LH said…
Okay, MC, you are on the blog roll. So happy to have you join us.

Julie One Woman, Yes, you are doing this.

Lets not get hung up with the #'s peeps. It's all about learning and fun. If you blog once in the next 30 days, that would be more than enough. Because damn it, that shows there was some learning happening.

Let's not forget to comment often: Check the blog roll and click click click: Word Savvy, Miscellaneous Missives, Capturing Life, Googling Authenticity, Indiana Rock on a California Roll, One Woman's Adventures. A FINE CREW!

Popular Posts