The Trip

    Tomorrow we leave on the big trip to the Ile de Re.  I'll be honest, I'm feeling some anxiety.  A lot of things could go wrong.  But there's another part of me that says, whoa, calm down, it's all going to be fine.  I read once that anxiety is all about ego.  Not super comforting, but it reminds me to shape up and try to stop being a total freak. I hope to blog on the trip.

     At the end of the schoolday I got involved with passing out "backpack buddies."  These are backpacks full of food for kids whose families need extra food.  There were loaves of wheat bread that were supposed to go in the backpacks, but these loaves were forgotten when the packs were first delivered. When they were remembered, I volunteered to help run bread down to backpacks.  Most kids were fine when I showed up to add bread to their backpacks, and let me pack in the bread with no worries, but one sassy kinder was adamant that she did not like "whole bread" bread and neither did her mom.  The bread should NOT go it in her backpack. I was short on time, so I used my physical superiority and I got the bread in the backpack by taking the backpack from the kinder and placing the bread inside.  I'm sure she tossed it from the bus window on her drive home, but at least I did my part.

        I'm not yet packed, but I'll be ready by the time we leave tomorrow.  #1 Son and 20 Something Daughter are staying here together.  Once I get to the Ile de Re to see the donkeys with pants, I'll be fine.

  

Comments

mm said…
Have a fabulous trip! I'm sure your pictures will be awesome... can't wait.
Goodwoman said…
Don't forget your mission! You must photograph and then eat a delicious crepe for me! I will remain jealous until you return!
Anonymous said…
Vous aurez un voyage glorieux.

D/
kc said…
Wow! You're going on a fantastic trip! I can't wait to hear all about it.
jdoc said…
Bon voyage! Have a great time.

Btw, you and KC were in my dream last night. We were at a conference.
Anonymous said…
Donkeys with pants? What about Cognac?!?

D/
StreibProjects said…
Have a great time and take lots of pictures!
Anonymous said…
Thank goodness for the twitter updates . Keep 'em coming. Can't wait to hear more, and see some pics.
N

Popular Posts