The Office

I can't remember if I've told you about my new office yet.  I love it.  I have 2 rooms together, divided by a 1 way mirror observation glass!   Our former awesome literacy coach was supposed to have this space for her office when the new building was planned.  But then the district wanted us to spend a ton of money on a 2 room reading recovery observation space.  Then immediately after that, the district stopped doing reading recovery.  So then the district was going to use the room for training purposes, but they never did any training.  So finally bosslady said I could move into the observation room.   I feel ungrateful for saying this, because my old office was really fine, except for being super small, but I never had an excellent vibe in there.  In my new office, I feel a sense of glee.  I can walk about a bit.  People come in and sit down and chat.  It's inviting.  Plus the littles walk by and wave a few times each day.    I've renamed the new office, "The Literacy Center."  I just moved in and I don't have any of my stuff in there yet, but so far, so great.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Literacy Center sounds wonderful. Do you have book shelves? Books? Flowers? Art?
What?
Can you hang pics?

D/
erin said…
I'm so glad you're happy! Lord knows you deserve to be as much as you do for us all! I love the pic too! Was that Kimberly?
StreibProjects said…
That was the greatest outfit EVER!!!
mm said…
The "Literacy Center" is a perfect. As for the outfit, I'm not quite sure...
kc said…
I heart the outfit, to be honest.

Also the office. Sounds rad.
Anonymous said…
Awesome!!! Way to score! Your old office was way too small and very cramped. Yeah for new space! Promise me you won't spend all summer there though, my friend! And, what floor are you on now? I think I need a new tour.
N
jdoc said…
Can we see some pics of the office when it's all set?
Julie Anna said…
Awesome! My office space is quite depressing and cramped with people and computers and non-working printers and piles of utter crap. I'm glad to know at least others are getting new office space.
Anonymous said…
Bonne chance mon ami! Have a wonderful time.

D/
LH said…
Yeah, new office rocks. One drawback appeared today. Since I'm closer to the office, I got pulled into a lot of hubbub. But it's all good. I still love it. I kind of hate to leave for a week for this trip to France.

This feeling will probably dissipate soon, I'm thinking.

And hoping.

D, merci!

Popular Posts