The Definition


I was at homework table with 3 sassy fifth graders.  2 of them I've known for several years now.  They were chatting away and not homeworking, when I said, "Let's put the kabosh on all the talking."  They asked me what kabosh meant.  I told them, and because I had my laptop I googled the term to give them the exact definition.  Then one little sassy asked me to look up the term hob-knocker.  I asked where she had heard it.  They all answered that they heard it on I Carly, but they didn't know what it meant.  I looked it up and slammed my computer screen down when I read that hob knocker is a guy who hits another guy in the face with his penis.  This really piqued their interest.  I told them that I highly doubted the term was on I Carly.  They insisted it was and asked me repeatedly to tell them what it meant.  So I did and we all laughed for a really long time after that.  Come to find out, the term has other definitions, but none of the definitions are appropriate school conversation.

I had a good time with the 5thsters at homework table today.  After the whole hob knocker incident, we watched some you tube videos about rides at King's Island and found out how much the tickets cost.  The girls really want to go to King's Island this summer.  I hope they get to go.  They're great gals.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like your Jane Jetson. You've made her a bit more sexy. Probably in keeping with the conversation you had during honmework time.

D/
Anonymous said…
Oops. That's homework.

D/
StreibProjects said…
Wow! Jane Jetson looks amazing!

I had several kids ask me if YOU were going to be at homework table yesterday. You are one popular teacher!
Anonymous said…
I actually spit out my coffee when I read this.
jw
LH said…
The definition really stirs up a vivid image.
Hob knocking seems so unnecessary, but maybe
There's more to it than what we can know at this point.
jdoc said…
This is too funny! I hope the girls get to go to King's Island too.

Popular Posts