The Birthday

\

Little Brother Glenn's birthday is today.  He would have been 49.  He lived like there was no tomorrow. He was forgiving with people and kind and sought out the fun in the everyday.  Happy Birthday little brother, you weirdo you! I remember one time I was complaining about a little peep who drove me crazy at the schoolsite and Glenn said, "Lee, you be nice to those kids!"  I remember his words every day and I try!   I do try!
Appropriate arrival on this fifteenth day of May is waking up to 20 something daughter at home in her bed. The four family members all ate bagels together this morning and I do believe all of us sighed many sighs of happiness to be together once again.

Yes, Rosalyn Glenn is here and we are celebrating like there's no tomorrow!  I skipped work at the compound and we headed out for lunch with some wine and talk talk talk.   Happy May 15th, pallies!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Glenn, and Welcome Home Ros!

D/
Anonymous said…
PS: I'm actually old enough to remember when FDR was President, and therefore knew all about Warm Springs.

D/
LH said…
I want to go there some time.
I go to Georgia every year and I've never been there.
mm said…
Tell me more about the picture... fun!
LH said…
MM, this is a great mural that the 3rd graders made with our art teacher. They studied the collages of Romare Bearden and then made their own, based on our neighborhood. Cool, right?
Anonymous said…
HB To Glenn and cheers to Ros being home.
jw
mm said…
Cool!
kc said…
This post made me cry a little bit. Partly in happiness that your fam is all together once again. Partly because it's really sad to lose a brother/uncle.

Joy and happiness to the Stern-Heffs!
StreibProjects said…
Yay for skipping work. Sounds like a great, relaxing day. Great post!
Unknown said…
Dear Lee,
You and I have something in common. We both lost our little brothers. That word LOST is so dumb. Much love to you. I know exactly what it is like. It hurts. It feels unfair. So much left to say and do.
-martha
Martha Pettee said…
Oops. Not Benjamin. He was on my computer. It's Martha.
LH said…
Thanks, everyone for your birthday wishes for my little brother. And for your congratulations on having 20 something daughter home.

Martha, special thanks to you for reading and commenting, and understanding. I am thinking a lot about you and your fam these days.
Anonymous said…
Good to see the original creation on display. Happy Birthday to your brother.
LH said…
The Original Creation rocks very much.

Popular Posts