The Ocean


This one kid kept fooling around in line today on the way to the library.  I asked him to stop a ton of times, but he kept fake hitting another kid in the face.  So I took him aside for a private talk.  As we were talking a small bb fell out of his hand and rolled across the floor.  The kid scurried after it and brought it back to me.  Holding it in my face he told me, "Look, this is a pearl.  It comes from the ocean itself.  I bought it for 15 dollars and 100 cents at the pawn shop.  And it comes from the ocean itself."

I wasn't sure how to reply, so I just told the kid to make better choices and to go to library.
  With a kid like this, you kind of have to wonder...Is he just being a weird little kid, or could he actually be out of his mind?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Or could he have a beautiful, creative imagination. Sounds like poetry.
D/
mm said…
another wonderful pic!!
LH said…
D, in my mind I was thinking, what is this kid
a poet or what? you know poets can be a little
off kilter.

MM, this is the 1st grade original creation from
their artful learning unit. They studied Mulberry Tree
by Van Gogh, and their concept was change, so they
made their own tree, with all the seasons. I love it.
erim said…
not poetry-just lots of crazy! actually it's kind of sweet, but I need to know the source to know for sure!
erin said…
glad I can spell my name...that's right, I'm a "highly qualified" teacher!
LH said…
Well, Erim, You know this peep well. Can't wait to tell you!
kc said…
I too love the art. Gorg!

Also LOLed at the story.
Anonymous said…
You need to get this picture framed, if it isn't already.

D/

Popular Posts