Le Velo

In quite a bit of pain from the constant bike riding.  What is it with this town and the bike riding?
In the morning I rode to the beautiful village of La Couarde where I walked along the dunes and visited a church built centuries ago.  Then I rode all the way back to our place.  After lunch I rode 15 km, (approximately 50 miles) to the village of Ars.  I rode through a marsh and saw shelducks, egrets, white swans and BLACK SWANS!  After riding back, (another 75 miles or so) I decided to rest and read my book, The 3 Weissmanns of Westport.
Husbandman gets tomorrow afternoon off, and I'm fearing he will want to do some bike riding.
God help us all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am loving your blog and your tweets. And I totally LOVE the pics you put on Facebook.
Thanks!

D/
LH said…
Thanks, D. It feels like a dream being here. I love sharing my days here and on fb. love 2u, gp!
jdoc said…
This trip sounds wonderful! Despite all of the bike riding.
Anonymous said…
Bike riding rocks and now there is no excuse when you return-you must ride with me! Love, love, LOVE these posts!
N
mm said…
I remember some French; Le Velo = the bike. Black swan? Were you able to get a picture?
StreibProjects said…
I was thinking about you today and wondering if you had seen any birds.

Zoe brought some cool earrings in to show you today. She said, "Dr. H always has cool earrings." I told her to bring them back next week.
Anonymous said…
15k = 50 miles?? I love it! I can't tell you how much I wish I wasn't here and was on the island instead.
jw
kc said…
Omg, I'm still totes jealous. But is it your butt that's sore? I hate that about bike riding.
LH said…
Yes, it is the butt. I wish I could cut it off.

Other than that, life is good. I'm off to breakfast, novel in hand.
Goodwoman said…
I love the photos and stories! It sounds like you're having a great time.
Anonymous said…
Breakfast and a novel. Two of my favorite things. Together stupendous.

mem in ca

Popular Posts