The Teeth

You know how I do car duty every day right?  Well there's a mom who talks to me every once in awhile.  She's usually late to pick up her 2 cute girls so I've gotten to know her better than most this year.  She has a lot of troubles it seems to me.  Her miniature van is so cruddy it doesn't even deserve the name of miniature van.  And her clothes are kind of a wreck.  And they've had to move several times this year.  I really could go on and on.
Well yesterday she came up to me and she had hardly any teeth left.  I wasn't sure what to say, so I said nothing.  Her teeth were in pretty horrid shape, so I wasn't super surprised to see them gone, ttytt.  After some chit chat about the girls, she said, "I got almost all my teeth pulled out today."  I kind of nodded and winced.  Then she told me that she had 3 more that needed to come out but she had to wait til January for the insurance to pay for those 3 to get yanked!

This girl is TOUGH STUFF!

Geezlouise, I thought, I've got to stop kvetching about stuff.  Case in point.
But if I totally stop, my blog will cease to exist, I thought next.
So there you have it.  We're neither here nor there.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yowch! What kind of workshops are you doing? 21 days my friend!
N
LH said…
5 90 minute sessions on D5 and CAFE with small groups of teachers. I'm not super prepared, but I did buy everyone a cool 3 ring binder. AND POCKET INSERTS!
StreibProjects said…
It will be awesome. Looking forward to spending time with you :)
Anonymous said…
Why am I not coming to the workshops?
jw
Anonymous said…
Why am I not coming as well? The cool supplies will be a hit, as well as your words of wisdom. Can't you please sneak me and jw in?
N
Anonymous said…
Hey! Don't forget tomorrow (Wednesday) is your strawberry day. Enough for your workshoppers??

D/
LH said…
Wait. I thought it was Thursday!?
Anonymous said…
Nope. Wednesday, May 11th between 11AM and 1PM.
If you don't get them, call Christina Hurlow at 603-3760 or 287-8771. Or email her at:
churlow@gmail.com

Hope this isn't going to mess you up.

D/

Popular Posts