L' Hotel

We putzed around La Rochelle a bit this morning before getting on the TGV train for the ride to Paris.  Found our hotel quickly once we got here and went out on a walking adventure that included the Notre Dame cathedral, a walk along the Seine, zig zagging through the rues of St. Germaine des Pres, checking out churches and galleries.  We also went in search of saltines as my stomach felt pretty weird.  Probably not eating fish for 18 years and then eating it twice a day for several days in a row had something to do with the weird sensation that was hard to describe.  We could not find Saltines, and I wish the French people could have better access to these amazing crackers.  They really help when my stomach feels off and I think the French people could also benefit.  The good news is that after a brief rest in l' hotel, a Pellegrino and a walk in the night air did the trick and I'm back up to snuff.  I'm dying to see the Anish Kapoor installation tomorrow.  Wish us bon chance!  And if you see my two children, can you tell them that we really miss them.  As the days have progressed, the communication has decreased. And we just want them to know that we're coming home on Sunday and we would really appreciate a ride home if possible. And that we'll always be their parents, no matter what.

Comments

KC said…
I just heart alittleleeway. Every day it brightens my day.

Happy Paris! Pronto and my trip to Paris is one of the highlights of my life so far.
Anonymous said…
That's the thing. When you are a great parent those kiddos are independent and happy. Do you see the connection?
jw

Popular Posts