La Flotte

I rode a bike to the cool village of Saint Martin de Re this afternoon.  Very beautiful sea side town.  Then I pushed my luck and rode to La Flotte.  Went in a small church for a look around there and then headed home.  Got v. lost and the ride home took forever.  A mathematician told me at dinner, "There's no way you can get lost here."  I told her, "That's what I kept saying to myself, the whole time I was lost."

I told the manager here that I am vegetarian and she asked the typical question, "But you will eat fish, yes?"  I figured it would be pretty bad for me to say no, so I said, "yes."  So far, I've head oysters, scallops and tuna.  All very good.  When they brought me foie gras tonight, the waiter said, "Now you're vegetarian right?"  (He actually said this in rapid fire french, but I got the gist when he said the word vegetarienne).  I really felt I had to draw the line at foie gras and he graciously took it away and gave me a lovely salad and omelette.  Merci, Ile de RE!

Comments

mm said…
Thanks for sharing your adventure. I became lost in Mexico on a walk once and was exhausted when I returned home yet happy for the experience.
Erin said…
We miss you so much!!!! but are very happy that you're having a fabulous time! The buzz around the building was "Have you been on Lee's Blog? Are there pics? Is she okay?"

Can't wait to hear about your next adventure! Enjoy your time with 'husbandman!'
Anonymous said…
According to the chamber of commerce or somebody, you cannot get lost there. Just keep following the water.
Hahaha.

D/
Anonymous said…
I absolutely LOVE these posts! Thank you my friend! I am so happy you are having a new adventure every day! Miss you and can't wait to hear the real deal!
N
cb said…
You're in France!!

What wonderful posts. I admire your adventurousness.

xoxo
cb
kc said…
Jesus Christ, I'm so jealous of this trip! And so haps for you, mon ami.

Popular Posts