The Reasons


I'm probably not working on my dissertation for a number of reasons. First, I graded papers and worked on midterm grades all weekend and am desperate for a few moments to do nothing. Next, I spent 3 hours yesterday working on 3 hours of subplans for today so I could attend a meeting about teaching reading. And third off, I keep waking up at 3 in the morning and that makes me tired during the day. These are not good reasons, but they are reasons. I feel a lot of guilt and anxiety and sadness about the diss this week. I wish I could be more resolute. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Undomestic said…
Did you learn anything earth-shattering in your meeting about reading?
Anonymous said…
what's q doing with the flashlight and balance ball? (ros looks hot, btw. nice stockings; great haircut. I wore a REALLY LOUD shirt that m got me in s. Antonio, TX to work today. Coworkers were stunned all day long)
Bob
Julie Anna said…
I think you are too hard on yourself my friend! You have a lot on your plate. It happens some weeks. Would you rant at a friend who was too busy or tired one week to get a few pages done on her dissertation? No, of course not! Be kind to yourself, dearheart.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you may be in need of a Friday afternoon deck fiesta!
LH said…
c, we had some good chatting, but nothing earth shattering was learned. we might read "reading don't fix no chevy's" so that might be good.
mr. b, i have no idea what q is doing. he loves that big red ball tho, it's like a second sib to him. i wish i could go to san antonio. i am going to miami in dec. for a conf, so that's as good as it gets.
j and sisterb, thanks dearhearts. i am easing back into the work. every time i have to write a new section it takes so long to figure it all out, but something will appear soon. on the page. from my brain. we all hope.

Popular Posts