The Friends


Good friends SavvyMom and Slapdash spent the weekend with us. We laughed and talked through the whole visit which included such highlights as a tour of the Lilly Library, the art museum, the farmer’s market, Dunn cemetery, and a trip to the supermarket to buy toilet paper. They’ve revived my teaching spirit which has been a bit low of late by recounting some of the funniest stories I’ve ever heard about kids in classrooms. The hilarity was interspersed with descriptions of phenomenal teaching ideas which were consistently interrupted with my reminder to “Send me a copy of that, okay?” In return for their friendship and fun, I supplied them with an almost endless stream of facts about our town’s history, which seemed to impress them mightily. I loved sabbatical for countless reasons but finding these two friends tops the list. And I thank them for making the long drive in order to pick up the chat where it left off last June. I miss them already, but they got out in the nick of time. As of noon today, the furnace works no more, nor does the washing machine. Curious coincidence? I think not. Something is obviously going on.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Such a hilarious foto. Wouldn't it be nice if we could hang out every weekend?
Julie Anna said…
I saw you and your friends walking down the sidewalk, as I was delivering one of my NINE out of town houseguests to a lunch date with another local friend. I yelled, but traffic was insane and I had to move on. I was hoping me and my friends would meet you and your friends at the farmer's market and we could rumble. ha!
KC said…
hey -- i'm so down with this foto.

only regret of the trip was missing out on peter and more quinn.

how IS the diorama?
KC said…
hey -- i'm so down with this foto.

only regret of the trip was missing out on peter and more quinn.

how IS the diorama?
LH said…
hey julie, you had us outnumbered. but of course, my northlanders are long distance runners, and i have some expertise in kickboxing, so who knows how it would've turned out. expect a call from pedro about egg making?

kc and jdoc ...i think it does look like a cd cover. i think i forgot to bring you to the mathers museum. please read about it here:
http://www.indiana.edu/~mathers/home.html

p.s. diorama is fine. it was the biggest box of all.

Popular Posts