The Lunacy

Tomorrow we have a special day scheduled. A day the kids have been hankering after since the first day of school. It's DEAR day. Kids can bring in slippers and a pillow and a snack and read for the entire period. These days are ridiculous because half the kids read and half just act like lunatics. But maybe we'll go out for some recess once it gets too squirrelly as it surely will. I'm guestimating all hell will break loose after about 21 minutes. The good part of DEAR day is that not one student will generate a piece of paper that needs to be read by me or graded by me. And that's why we are having DEAR day. The madness of the constant writing must end. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
How DID "Dear Day" go, dear?
LH said…
Hey Dearheart, Better than expected. One group of boys sat in a circle and talked about their video game magazines the whole time, but they did it quietly, so that didn't bother me too much. In second period a few kids were throwing m and m's they had peeled off the Cookies & M/M's I had handed out, but when I raised my voice and said, "I don't like that!" They stopped and cleaned up the mess. We split up the reading with a rousing recess. All in all, not a bad morning. And, again, no papers were generated. Yeeha. Now I'm home and ready to start the editing once again. Don't know how it got this crazy, but it just did.
Anonymous said…
I made a point of not collecting anything this week myself. Oh the glory of freedom. Cept for that damn paper writing project.
LH said…
we'll finish that off this weekend. at nick's.

Popular Posts