The List



  • Why I'm in a Bad Mood

    My whole family's out having fun and I'm writing 60 report card comments.

    Small gnat like bugs keep flying around me and getting into my wine glass.

    I watched CNN for 5 minutes and found out that bankruptcies are way up this month and so are the number of wounded kids in hospitals in Iraq.

    My eye keeps twitching and I think I'm going to wake up with Bell's Palsy tomorrow.

    We haven't had a frost, probably due to global warming, so the fall foliage sucks this year.

    Need I go on or do you get the picture?

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Undomestic said…
I wonder how the comments will change as you consume your wine.

I definitely don't miss the report cards.

Good luck.
Undomestic said…
I just read ABD mom's list of worries. I think you have competition!
LH said…
i gave up on the cards after blogging and watched curb your enthusiasm. Now i'm up bright and early finishing the job off. I'm on #54 and i'm starting to get a little repetitive. I told r that i would love to just put weird nonsensical rhymes based on each kid's name. it would be funny to recite these to the parents at conference time and see how they react.
back to reality...i plod on...
Undomestic said…
Do actually get to write comments, or are you bound to the computerized list? That's what my previous school in NJ had...made it easier, but so impersonal. And sometimes the comment I needed wasn't on "the list."
LH said…
we write comments, so that's good. I don't know that i would like a list. r gets a computer print out and it surprises me how few of her teachers even select a comment from the list to add to the grade. a few do. maybe it just seems meaningless to them. the comments are done so that makes me happy.
I got booted off the computer several times on Friday while trying to do grades. One of my schools didn't even have my classes listed when I went to post grades even though I had been making roster printouts. I try to limit my comments to the stinkers since I have several students.
LH said…
hey schauml, i learned about being pediculous over at your blog. great word, but i have a feeling i lost the spelling in the two seconds it took to get back over here. thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts