The Glass

Today's glass is half full:
I brought the diss out on the deck for some fresh air and the last few pages I've written look pretty good in the light of day.
Teen daughter and I brought lunch to the park while the Pumpkins in the Park celebration was in full gear. Music and a lot of lame games for little kids.
Then we headed over to Elizabethtown, the new Orlando movie. Some dumb parts, but Orlando shone like a beacon throughout.
And now we're heading over to hear Ira Glass talk. Maybe he'll ask for volunteers from the audience and I can be on This American Life. That would be the perfect end to this pleasant fall day. Posted by Picasa

Comments

hr said…
I'm so jealous that you went to see Ira Glass. I wanted to go, but Doug had to work and everyone I knew already had a date. I thought about going alone, but just couldn't muster the energy. I want to hear all about it.
LH said…
I was way wiped out on friday night so i know how you feel. everyone went out to fun things and i just packed it in. but last night i was geared up for ira. He's the glassiest. i'll blog about him this week. did you hear the show this morning?
Anonymous said…
So glad to hear others listen to and love the show. I don't know any locals who do even though I talk it up (and maybe even pester) regularly. Saw Ira last spring in Redwood City, of all places. Loved the bit about children not being adversely affected by swear words on the radio and the fines imposed upon radio stations who break the no swearing rule (not that I want to hear a constant stream of swearing on the radio.) Missed Saturday's show due to attendance at a Scholarship Committee retreat for Downtown College Prep (www.downtowncollegeprep.org). Not too bad as retreats go...Raised almost $200K this year. It wasn't enough.

mary
LH said…
hey ms, m. that's a lot of $. what were you aiming for?

i wish i had been up a little closer for ira. i loved how he kept changing his mind about what he was going to do/say next.

when do you head out to ny?
Anonymous said…
We leave for Ontario (So Cal) tomorrow night in order to fly to JFK with the family on Tuesdsay, a stellar day all 'round, I say. This will have to do for Birthday greetings for you and Pedro as we're about to be out of touch for a while...

+/- $225 -- $240k was what we were hoping for. It would have allowed us to fill "the gap" for all of those accepted to a 4 year University.

mary

Popular Posts