The Future


Los studentes responded to a piece by M.T. Anderson last week about maturing. Anderson, as a kid, worried constantly, and looked forward to an adult life with less worry and paranoia. Los studentes all wrote that they felt the opposite. They anticipated adulthood as a time of increased worrying, and most mentioned items like taxes, paying bills, and getting to work regularly. I should console them by telling them that adulthood's not too bad. My dad still does my taxes and husbandman does all the bill paying. I get myself to work on my own and haven't missed a day yet this year. I have a huge stack of sick leave piling up so I will probably take a day off soon, just for fun. Maybe they'll just have to learn about the perks on their own. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Whoa! Ros looks amazing, as usual.

What was the occasion? Homecoming?

I chaperoned the Heighest Heights homecoming dance on Saturday, doncha know.
Julie Anna said…
Was this her outfit for the North Homecoming dance? Very lovely. Andy told me she was going to the North. Kids amaze me...Andy went to the South dance, even without being sure if friends were going to be there, when they were getting there, and no specific plans for meeting up. At 15, I would have been mortified to walk into a dance under these conditions! He just seems to go with it, found his friends, and had a good time. Thank God he does not seem to have my complex set of fears.
Anonymous said…
Leave it to Ros to be such a smart dresser. I totally would have wanted to be her friend in high school.
LH said…
She bought this at a vintage shop and then went to the homecoming of the one high school in this town that she does not attend. When she told me she was going out to look for a dress for homecoming, I pictured something totally different, maybe a gunnysack dress? does anyone remember what those were. she had fun at the dance, but i think the shopping trip was more fun.
kc...chaperoning...how is it?

Popular Posts