The Quarter

I have a cold now. The kind of cold where the nose is constantly being blown. My motivation's kind of low, but with one last push, I can finish this quarter, get the report cards and portfolios out, and confer with all the parents. Then I'm taking a day off to get reunited with my favorite paper in the world, the dissertation. The kiddos wrote This I Believe essays about literacy and they're pretty good. I wish I could think of a way to find more of an audience for these essays. Their books reviews will be published on our new circulation system in the library if I can find a typist. And the essays will be bound in a book, but I'd like to make a few extra copies and send them out to some other groups of readers. I wonder if they would want to read them on morning announcements? Probably not. Maybe we'll just make some books for other classes.
We shall see, said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw.
Foto Credit: Menosky.

Comments

hr said…
Would any of the "This I Believe" pieces work for Rethinking Schools? I know they're always looking for student submissions. What about sending the book to other schools for post-it note comments?

PS Did you find the CD in your mailbox? I sent Doug to deliver it to school, but he said it was too late and dropped by your house instead. Are you groovin' Ira Glass style?
KC said…
Maybe you should send me some TiBs, and I'll read them to my tenth graders??
Anonymous said…
I'll read them to my 7th graders too. You are such a good teacher. BTW, how did the screamer do on the assignment?
Anonymous said…
now that's funny. jw
Julie Anna said…
sorry to hear you are sick, my friend. I've been fighting the most hellacious cold for a week and half. After days of shivering on the couch, constant sinus drainage, and coughing fits that threatened to split my lungs open, I consider myself lucky at this point to only have a mild hacking cough. Tis the season, I guess.
LH said…
HR, I did find the CD and it took me awhile to figure it out. I have not yet grooved to the Glass, but will SOON and thanks so much good friend.
You're all getting essays in the mail. Now that I've read over about 40 of them maybe they're not so great? But you'll get some anyway. A few kids didn't hand them in, you can guess who.

J, yes, i am in headcold land and i find it annoying. It's embarrassing to be walking around with a kleenex next to my face all day long. someone recommended something called "Mucenex" to me today. Charming.

Popular Posts