The Groups


The last 2 lit. groups, I've been behind on the reading. For Zlata's Diary, kids starting the group talking dramatically about an injury the dad sustained. I was like, "What?" He hurt his hand? Did that happen after p. 70, cause that's where I stopped." And today, for Sign of the Chrysanthemum, the kids were asking for clarification of a particular scene and I responded with, "Well I didn't read any of the chapters so I have no idea what you're talking about." A few others were behind as well, so one kid suggested that we all catch up tonight and meet again tomorrow. So now I have to read 3 chapters before I go to bed. Aargh.
I'm a little surprised they don't hassle me about slacking on the reading. I like to think it's because I give them extra time when they slack. But maybe they're nice because I'm an authoritarian representative of the state. I'll probably never really know. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
P is amazing. We need him to clean our windows. Wadaya say? We'll *feed* him... Bob
LH said…
He has many more windows around here to do before I can lend him out. But I do agree that the man is amazing.

Popular Posts