2: A Tale of Heroism

I didn't do or learn much of note today, so here's a story of heroism, texted to me by a family friend who works with my sister in a Veterinary Clinic.

A stray dog was running around the clinic and it ran out in the road and was hit by 2 cars but got up and ran away. Faith and 3 others from the clinic went after the dog and Faith was the first to him but even the owner who came up could not touch the dog. Your sister took off her shirt and grabbed the dog and it was biting her. I got a blanket out of my car so she could hold on to the dog with it. She is crazy but saved that dog's life chasing it down. She is a hero.

Faith is my sister.  She does brave stuff like this quite frequently. She sent me some photos of her injured hand this afternoon.  I'm more the Look-The-Other-Way-Kind-of-Gal when confronted with crises. It doesn't occur to me to intervene most of the time.  We all have our strengths and flaws.  Faith sent me a photo of the bite marks on her hand.  I wondered if she might have needed a stitch or two, but I learned from Faith that sometimes animal bites aren't sutured.  I hope she got some antibiotics.  What if it gets infected? 


Comments

mm said…
Our animals are our friends.
Julie said…
Wow! That is quite heroic! Yay, Faith!
Kc said…
I wish I could say I’d have done the same, but I think we all know that’s probably not true.

Popular Posts