16. Emily St. John Mandel

I finished The Lola Quartet this week.  It's by Emily St. John Mandel.  I learned that St. John is the author's middle name, so if you're shelving her books, they should go under M if you use an alphabetical system for shelving. Lola Quartet was the third Mandel book I've read.  I began with the masterpiece, Station Eleven, then spent time with her first novel, Last Night in Montreal, and then I read Lola Quartet.  It's fun to acquire a new fave author.  I'm looking forward to her new book, Glass Hotel. Mandel writes characters that get themselves into some tricky situations.  She's good at quietly building up suspense.  She lives in the United States now, but she was born in Canada.  She went to school to be a dancer.

Comments

mm said…
I don't understand people that can alphabetize their books.
KC said…
I just found out about The Lola Quartet on a new podcast called One Great Book. I loved Station Eleven. I'll probably also now read The Lola Quartet.
Julie said…
I need a new favorite author. I've been floundering in that department. I'll try these.

Popular Posts