1: The Changing Times

We had an extra recess because of a Thirdlander birthday.  The Thirdlanders play this game called Infection.  It's a ramped up version of tag, as far as I can see.

A Thirdlander came over to me to tell me another Thirdlander was cheating at the game.

So I called that kid over to talk to him.  He admitted he had been cheating.  Then he said, "But that kid called me an idiot and kicked me."

So I had to call over the original kid, who admitted he did both those things.  So I told them both to stop the shenanigans.

Recess is always like this.  Either kids get injured, or they start yelling at each other.

 Back in the day, when it was recess time, we played happily, relieved that we didn't have to be in our classrooms.  I wish for the glorious times of yore.

Comments

Julie said…
Remember the year (maybe 3rd or 4th grade) when Seth, Quinn, David, and their whole group of buddies made up some complicated game on the playground which disintegrated into daily battles?
mm said…
I feel that back in the day there were still such shenanigans on the playground. I'd like to have recess today instead of testing.
KC said…
Every damn day after recess here someone is crying. Sometimes multiple people. As far as I can tell, it's mostly about football related games and also girl drama.
LH said…
Same here, KC.

Recess is all tumult and turmoil.

Popular Posts