13. The Pockets With Poems in Them

Photo Credit:  Nancer
Poem In Your Pocket Day started back in 2002 in the hustle bustle of New York City.  

The country copycatted NYC in 2008, hopscotching into  Poem in your Pocket Day from sea to shining sea.

Canada crashed the party with northern neighbor poem popping in 2016.

Fast forward to 2019.  Tax Day.  I've yet to find my poem.

This week, I'm green with envy.  I keep watching the poem project video peeps feeling their favorite poems and reciting them with straight up verve.  

Why don't I have one favorite poem that lifts me up and away?

My poem's out there somewhere.


Comments

Julie said…
Love the photo of dutchman's breeches. I'm a little embarrassed to tell you what one my go to poems is. It's sort of schmaltzy and not even a real poem but everytime I read it, it makes me happy. It speaks to my soul. It is...drum roll...Desiderata.

mm said…
We will be celebrating Poem in Your Pocket day on Thursday. I typically wear clothes with a lot of pockets because I can't decide which poem...

Popular Posts