3. The Piano

Our piano is dying.

Our piano is 90 years old, so that makes sense, but we're trying to decide what to do. Replace almost the entire piano for quite a lot of money, or say goodbye to our piano.

Right now there's a fine gentleman here talking to Husbandman about our piano.  It's sounding kind of bleak.

Here's something I learned today as I've been eavesdropping on the piano conversation. The sound of a piano depreciates.  With a cello or violin, the sound appreciates, or improves over time, but with a piano, that's not how it works.  The sound gets worse as time goes on.

The depreciation situation has nothing to do with our eventual decision.  I just thought it was an interesting fact.

Comments

Julie Anna said…
I had no idea. I figured they aged well like violins.
mm said…
"Fine gentleman" is smart! I learned something too.
KC said…
Hmmm! I'm thinking that in a pleasant, curious tone!

Popular Posts