7. The Tiny Houses



Peter Menzel is an amazing photographer.  His collection called Material World fascinates me.   

We looked at, and mapped, Menzel's photos, and then we read about wants and needs, stuffocation and carbon footprints.  We also read about people who want to live with less stuff and people who live in tiny houses.

Using cereal boxes, we created tiny houses.  In the spirit of Material World, we also displayed some wants and needs, using play dough, outside of our houses.

We ended with some writing, reflecting on the impact of buying stuff and on whether or not we'd like to live in a tiny house. Most Thirdlanders are ready to move into a tiny house tomorrow, but a few prefer more space.  "I just love my big house," wrote a cheerful Thirdlander.  I myself am looking into buying a tiny house for my elder years.  I'll probably keep it in the backyard because Husbandman does not want to live in a tiny house.  Best of both worlds.

Comments

mm said…
I love the tiny houses.
KC said…
Well, maybe we should do this in my thirdland too. Seems like a good idea.

Popular Posts