The Drop

We saw a movie last night called The Drop.  This movie is based on a short story by Dennis Lehane.  I would like to meet this Dennis Lehane character.  The Drop is not an independent film, and yet I feel it merits a review. The creators of The Drop put a lot of effort into making this creepy compelling film, and a review seems like the least we can do to acknowledge the way they rolled up their sleeves and got the job done.

Lw:  Tell me about The Drop.
Hm:  An excellent movie.  Beautifully acted, but more than anything else beautifully written.  A rare example of a screen play that holds together on every level.
Lw:  Tom Hardy was quite good.  Your thoughts?
Hm:  He was great.  So was Gandolfini.  And so was Noomi Rapace.
Lw:   I wonder where Dennis Lehane lives?
Hm:  I don't.
Lw:  We could take a road trip to his house next summer.
Hm:  That seems kind of pointless.
Lw:  Anyway, fist of 5?
Hm:  I'm going to give it a 4.5
Lw:  I'll give it a 5.  I think everyone should see it if they want to. I wish James Gandolfini were still alive.
Hm:  Me too.

Dennis Lehane, if you're reading this, please send your address and some possible visiting dates to me in the comments section below.  I'm really looking forward to chatting about films based on your books. You'll be happy to know I've seen several and now I'm thinking about reading one of your books with my book club.

Comments

mm said…
I love the invite!
KC said…
I commented on this, but my comment disappeared. I laughed really hard about the pointless comment.

Popular Posts