The Car

Yesterday I learned a lot about soil.  First I had to toil for soil in the morning by getting soil samples from our school garden.  My colleague's white shoes were ruined by the wet grass, but I reminded her that when we toil for soil, sacrifices are made.

Later, the IU biology crew came and showed us all about the components of soil:  gravel, sand, silt and clay.  Throw in some peat and some air.  You've got soil.

Toiling for soil could possibly be my dream job.  You're outside, scooping soil with a plastic cup into a jar.  That's basically all there is to it.

On another note, Have you ever listened to the lyrics of Streets of Laredo?  That song can really bring you down.


Comments

LH said…
Husbandman wants to know why I called this post, "The Car." it's because we might get a new car soon.
LH said…
We can't decide if we want another kia soul or a honda fit.

Anonymous said…
That is a tough one. I do love our Fit.
N
mm said…
I'm wondering why you are listening to the song if it brings you down.

Popular Posts