Story ≠ Truth

Photo Credit:  Nance.  Thanks, Nance!
We just finished watching a documentary called The Woman Who Wasn't There.

It's about a gal who pretended she was a 9/11 Survivor and got very involved with the 9/11 Survivor support groups.  She got a little bit famous, but come to find out, she made up the whole story.  I'm figuring she had some mental or emotional problems.  She wanted to stand out and be part of something important.  I guess we all do. Let's try to cut her some slack.

So many people believed her and cared about her.  Now her life is probably a total train wreck.  She's off the grid right now, so I'm not sure what's going on with her at present. I've googled her, but no luck.  That gal is gone baby gone.

I feel a lot of compassion for this woman, even though she screwed up royally.  I hope she's somehow able to do her best and forget the rest.

It doesn't matter if you know that her story ≠ the truth when you watch this documentary, so I suggest you watch it if you feel like it.

Comments

mm said…
I appreciate your compassion for her. How did you hear about the documentary?
LH said…
I googled "best documentaries on netflix."

I've seen 5 of the 12 on the list I selected. I have to say.... this one is pretty darned good.

Here's the link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/08/netflix-documentaries_n_5112199.html
KC said…
Wow. I feel mucho compassion for this woman. She probably just tried on that story and then things got out of hand. Thanks for letting me know about this documentary
Mrs. Prost said…
Wow. The tangled webs we weave.

Popular Posts