Independent Movie Review! Love Story + Dose of Cool + Vampires = Only Lovers Left Alive

Husbandman and I saw Only Lovers Left Alive yesterday at the IU Cinema.  Latest film by Jim Jarmusch.  We both liked it a lot. Here's our review.

LH:  What'd you think?

Hm:  I love the mood of it.  I loved the sets.  It was beautifully shot.

LH:  I thought Tilda Swinton had great hair.

Hm:  Oh yeah.  And she always has great eyes.

LH:  Her eyes are huge.  Tom Hiddleston is becoming one of my fave actors.

Hm:  What else have we seen him in?

LH:  Unfortunately, you missed out on Thor because you refused to go.  He was phenomenal in Thor.

Hm:  That's a decision I do not regret.

LH:  Fist of 5 for Only Lovers Left Alive?

HM:  I'm going to give it a 4.  It was really good.

LH:  A 4?

Hm:  What's your problem with a 4?

Lh.  It should get a 5. We loved it.

Hm.  There were a few times where I thought it dragged a little bit.  5 is essentially a perfect movie.

LH:   That's a wrap for Independent Movie Review with Leeway and Mr. Picky Man.  You should see Only Lovers Left Alive if you feel like it.  It's all about smart, creative vampires in love.  Summer Afternoon Activity Idea:  You can make a Venn diagram for comparing and contrasting Jarmusch's film with the Twilight series.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now I'm wishing I had seen this movie.
jw
Julie Anna said…
You always remind me that I need to go to movies more. And by more, I mean at all.
mm said…
I agree with HM on the 5 being perfect. When I'm giving my books a fist to five, I rarely give books a five. I save it for the best of the best.
Mrs. Prost said…
Are the goats in the movie? Do they have a big part?
KC said…
This is one of my favorite features on A Little Leeway.
KC said…
p.s. I'm a little more liberal with the 5s, but they have to be pretty damn good.
LH said…
I'm having an iced latte right now. Thinking about seeing another movie tonight. But not sure which one.

The new Tom Cruise is pretty good, btw.

Popular Posts