4 x 2 = 8

We visited the wine bar on the square last night.  I had a flight of white wine.  4 glasses with 2 ounces each. All very tasty.  Husbandman had some pie and port.

2 good pals walked by, saw us there, and came in to sit with us and chat.  That's the great part of living in our town. The slightly bad part is that there aren't too many opportunities to do things that are new or different.  So I'm going to have to put a wee bit of effort into that goal. We had never been to the wine bar before so I found that to be satisfying.  We will return there, even though it will no longer be new or different to us.  Same old same old can be good too. But let's remember not to get stuck in our ways.

On Sunday, we went to campus and watched a violent, but good, movie called Cold In July.  Right in the middle, a viewer behind us exclaimed, "Man this is dark."  True that, Buddy Boy, but please keep your comments to yourself.  This isn't Israel where talking through movies is accepted and encouraged.  Keeping quiet during movies is one of my favorite social norms.  If you want to see this movie, you should. Don Johnson is in it. He looks great. Great job on the aging process, Don Johnson! Good performances from Sam Shepard and Michael C. Hall as well.

Somewhat good news about the pipes under our sink.  A plumber came to check out the leak yesterday morn.  Every 20 minutes or so he would say to me, "I'm tryin' all I can to keep from cutting into this back wall."  We assured him we appreciated his efforts.  "That's gonna be more expensive, if I have to cut the wall."  Yikes.  After a few hours of work he told me, "I'm done."  I told him I was really happy that he didn't have to cut into the wall. "I've got skills and tricks others don't have.  Anyone else woulda cut into that wall first thing."  I thanked him profusely and asked for his card.  On his way out the door I said to him, "So you think it's okay now?"  He said, "I can't really say.  It's old and I might have to come back and cut out that wall."  For now, the pipes are not leaking.  We'll take what we can get.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that this blog post comes from btown!!!!

Hello peter!!!!!
JW
mm said…
I love beer and wine flights!!
KC said…
I think the plumber is doing his best and forgetting the rest. He's being completely honest.
Mrs. Prost said…
Keep us posted on those pipes.

Popular Posts