e^iπ + 1 = 0


Jess and Alexander came over this morning.  This Alexander kid is incredibly happy and sweet as can be. These pix aren't quite what he's all about. Sure he's cute as a bug in these photos, but I wish you could see him in real life.

 I'm so jealous of his orange onesie.  Sometimes I wonder why they don't make onesies for adults.  They look so comfy.

Husbandman has not been too thrilled with the equations I've been sharing of late.  He sent me the equation above tonight. He really loves it and wanted it to be the title of this blog entry.  I asked him what it has to do with and he answered, "What do you mean?  It's a mathematical fact."

Well, okay.

Then he told me that it's great because it has "the 5 most important #'s in the world all together in a nice simple equation."

We've got 0, 1, pi, i and e.  What's e again, you might be wondering, like I was.  According to Husbandman, it's about 2.718, but it's irrational so we can't know exactly.  I asked him why we use e and he just started rubbing his eyes and sighing.  "It's a long story," he muttered.  To cut him some slack, he did drive for 6 hours today.  He was in Akron, Ohio, doing some mathematics.  So glad he's home.  We're now going to watch Orange Is the New Black.  I guess they wear orange onesies in that show, but I'd like a shorter version.  There's a market for the adult onesie.  I'm sure of it.



Comments

mm said…
I was wondering about Husbandman's thoughts about the equations since most aren't really equations in the "math' sense.

All we can do is try!
cb said…
Well, your blog did highlight the number one. So, that's a start.

A colorful onesie on a hot name would be pretty snazzy.

cb said…
hot name?

hot day.

I need to go to bed.
LH said…
Just to wear around the house. I wouldn't venture out in the onesie, but I think it would be perfect for lounging about, reading some books, watching a show. We've got to get someone on this.
Mrs. Prost said…
Oh lee you are making me laugh and laugh. I'm reading these blogs one by one. It's so fun!

Popular Posts