The Placard

Today my poor parents had a morning of hard labor.  If my sibs saw how my parents worked in and around my home today they'd probably disown me.  I kept saying to my parents, "Please stop working. If you die from heart attacks everyone's going to be so ticked off at me." Luckily, my sibs rarely to never read this awesome blog, so I'm in the free and clear.

After the morning of hard toil, we drove in to Brown County for lunch at the Hob Nob. Then we had a relaxing drive through BC State Park.  We spotted a placard so we pulled over to read it since my mom and I love placards.  The placard described BCSP as "The Little Smokies."  I've never heard BCSP described as such.  But it kind of fits.  When we were kids we camped in the Smokies a lot.  Good times.  Now we're all resting and I'm hoping to ramp up the fun and tamp down the toil.  My parents would be great subjects for some type of social science research on age and toil.  They're 84 and 83 and they can kick my butt at the hard labor. They're awesome in a ton of other ways too.  I love having them here.  PROPS to the PARENTS!

Comments

mm said…
Shame on your sibs. Your blog is awesome!
KC said…
Way to go, Parents!! Happy for you to be chilling together.
Anonymous said…
Your parents are awesome. But I do dislike it when octogenarians put me to shame in the work realm. Tell them I said hello!
Anonymous said…
That was me, jw.
Anonymous said…
Griffinite sibs take exception to the blog re: sibs not reading the blog but we know you're super swamped and probably forgot about us so we'll ride this one out---we love you and yes, your blog IS awesome!
LH said…
I probably should have qualified that. Turns out many of the sibs have stated that they do in fact read the blog. MY BAD!

I LOVE YOU GRIFFINITES!

Popular Posts