The Parents

I'm pretty much the worst offspring you can ever come across.  I don't call my parents very often because I get busy and just don't make time for what's most important.  Tonight my parents called me and we talked for hours. They're the most delightful people on the planet and I love them both so much.  I hereby officially thank my parents for never giving up on me. I told my mom husbandman's latest joke and she and I both agreed it's not a great one, but we did laugh and I'll share it here. Just for fun.

Guy walks into a bar.  He hears a little voice say, "Your hair looks great today."
He sees no one nearby so he's a little freaked out.  Then he hears a little voice say, "Great tie!"
He looks around again, sees no one.  A voice whispers again, "You're someone special!"
The guy yells out to the bartender down the end of the bar, "Do you hear voices!?"
Bartender says, "That's the peanuts.  They're complementary."

Comments

We've been telling and learning lots of jokes around our house lately. I think it's the way we're coping. This is a good one- pretty sure my husbandman would like it too ;)
KC said…
Dan and I LOLed. Dan is mad it's too long for a tweet.
Anonymous said…
You do have such sweet parents.
jw
Anonymous said…
I agree. Ma and Paw-Paw are numero uno--looking forward to seeing y'all next month in Indy...still on? B&B
mm said…
A laugh is always good.
Anonymous said…
Does Husbandman watch Ellen? Jennifer Love Hewitt told that same joke on her show two weeks ago! :) glad you had a nice chat with your parents. I'm sure they enjoyed it!

MP
LH said…
B& B, Yes, still on. I'll have a date within the week!

MP, He doesn't watch Ellen, but someone told him at work, so that person might be an Ellen fan. Did you laugh? There's something about it I think is so ridiculously silly.
Anonymous said…
No I didn't laugh....jokes aren't really my thing. Real life stories are much funnier! :)

MP

Popular Posts