The Holiday

Last day with the peeps.  Mission today:  Woman up at the ice cream station.  Scooping ice cream for 400 kids, along with Vander.

Penultimate Day was awesome.  I taught the cafeteria kids about the day and I asked them to help me make Penultimate Day a National Holiday.  "Nod if you'll help me," I told them.  100 kids nodded.  Then one kid yelled out, "What will we do on the Penultimate Day holiday?"  This comment gave me pause.  Really haven't thought this whole thing out.

In the afternoon, Parmy the Firstie Teacher invited me up.  They've been having theme days all week.  Yesterday was Birthday Party Day and the kids jumped up out at me and yelled Surprise! when I entered the room.  They all had birthday hats on and then I got one too.  I read them a cool birthday book.  We ate Toy Story cupcakes.  I got a Woody ring.  I opened a present, this book they made for me.  Then they made a tunnel with their arms and I ran through it.  OMG! The greatness!

I love their comments in my book:

Thank you Dr. H. for helping us with reading and letting us see the puppets. Thank you for calling us "The Men of Table Ten."  It's pretty funny!

I like Dr. Heffernan because she helps me read my books, poems, and sight words.  She also helps me solve problems.

Thank you for helping us in the cafeteria.  You're funny, Dr. H.  I hope I see you again.  Maybe I will see you forever.

And today is our Field Day.  I'm wearing my WILDCAT tshirt with pride.  Today will be an awesome ending to a beautiful 6 years at Artful School. I want to give every kid in the school some ice cream and some loving kindness as we all move on to our next adventures.

Comments

cb said…
Well done, Dr. H!

Whatever happens when you return to B-town, you will be with those kids forever.

xoxo
cb
KC said…
Congratulations. I'm glad the kids appreciate you so much. It's really very sweet.
mm said…
"The men of table ten" Of course they loved you!!
LH said…
Thanks, dolls. I always tell everyone that every small thing they do matters. But I forget to tell myself that, frequently.

The school year's over. Oohlala. 2013-2014 was a rollercoaster.

Popular Posts