The Waffles

Today we started our school day with a meeting.  But listen to the good part.  New fun teacher and firstie teacher hosted us to a waffle bar.  We had waffles, spreads, fruits, toppings. How fun is that?  We ate waffles, talked about how great our kiddos have done this year and chatted about the crazed end of the school year.

Then I went to car duty.  There's a kinder that I love so much I sometimes refer to him as "my son."  He's not really my son, but I just love that child.  Every day he pops out of his car, screams out "DR. H.!" and then runs at top speed to hug me.  Then as he walks up the ramp to the door he says, "See you in the lunchroom, Dr. H."  I'm crazy about this kid, for obvious reasons.  Today I gave him a hug.  Then Vander hugged him and he went on his merry way.  As we watched him go, I said, "After this week, I'll probably never see him again."  Then I burst into tears.  Vander rubbed my shoulder and stood near me as I tried to stop the waterworks. I finally did, and the rest of the day went just fine.
We had a highlight in the afternoon: K-2 Talent Show:  jokes, gangnum style dancing, hula hooping and IU cheers.  Blastorama!

2 more days.
We're on short time, pals.

Comments

KC said…
I hope you see that kid again. That's my fondest wish.
Anonymous said…
Linda says. The end is so bittersweet! I know the feeling!
Anonymous said…
When I thought I had lost my position 3 years ago, I just walked around crying pretty much nonstop. It's hard. And Linda, we will miss you like nobody's business.
jw
mm said…
Blastorama indeed!

BTW- I became a little teary eyed thinking about you and saying goodbye, but we both know you have a great adventure ahead.
Sarah Gardner said…
I was on the verge of tears during the last few days last year when I didn't think I'd be coming back. I'm still hoping you will be back at the View after Israel!
LH said…
We are about 2 months away from Israel and then something entirely new when I get back.

I have said good bye to beautiful Fairview and I'm moving on. It was a tough ending.

Thanks for the encouragement dolls.

Popular Posts