The Artfuls

I've been in my office for about 7 days in a row getting summer school reports ready.  Our school probably has the highest percentage of kids who are being "invited" to summer school, cheerfully renamed summer reading camp.  The reports take a long time.  I've been doing the reports and lunch duty all week.  Lunch duty's getting pretty loud, I"m not going to lie.  Somehow the peeps have figured out that school's ending any second now, and they're pretty jazzed.  The end of the year is crazy, but I like all the field trips and picnic lunches and scrapbook making and artful learning inquiry centers.  I wish every week could be so active.

Preschool invited me in to watch kiddos making their original creations.  Their concept is PATTERNS and each kid designed a pattern and then they were putting various stones into plaster of paris to make a pattern tile.  I was doing great, staying plaster free, until I decided to walk a kid over to the sink to wash up.  He accidentally used my shirt as a paper towel and I had plaster all over my shirt and stylish black pants.  It was fun telling people that I got plastered at school. (I only said this to the adults, though).  To the kiddos I explained about plaster of paris. Later I heard a firstie tell her dad, "Dr. H. got pooped on by some parrots."   I straightened that all out, so that's good. Come on kid, get with the program. Some vocab instruction may be needed, not sure.

The basic point of this story is that the end of the year is miserable in many ways and absolutely delightful in other ways.  I'm done with reading camp reports, so I'm ready to go back to data entry.  Heading in.

Comments

LH said…
I'm at work. Gearing up for data entry.
I'm going to try to pump up my comment #s by commenting a lot.
LH said…
I may have lost some important data. Will keep looking.
LH said…
I think I'll just move over to entering some other important data.
LH said…
Now I'm on a roll with a different set of data.

Wonder what's going on outside?

I listened to a great This American Life> I think it was called Dr. Gerbert and Mr. Hyde. You should listen to that.
LH said…
5 more classes to enter for data set 2.

Took a break and read about Haifa on facebook.
LH said…
4 more classes to enter for data set 2.

I listened to a great piece on This American Life about a gal who was in labor but needed to buy a car.
LH said…
I just listened to an odd This American Life about someone with ASMR. ASMR involves getting a weird tingling in your head when you hear people whispering. That seems so odd.
LH said…
I just listened to a piece about the documentary called Seeking Asian Female. Gotta get that film.
LH said…
I just listened to a TAL about coincidences. Kind of funny.
Anonymous said…
We moved 5 yards of mulch. I am thinking data entry might have been a better choice? Hang in there this last week. Any fun lunch puppet plans?
N
LH said…
I need to GET some mulch and plant some plants.

I'm calling it a day with the data entry.

Crazy talk.
mm said…
Reading Camp is a great name!
LH said…
Today I'm going to mix it up a bit. I will rotate between data entry and house cleaning. I'm pretty excited about this.
Anonymous said…
1. Love the parrot comment...would love to know what said that!

2. You better stop by and see us this week! We are celebrating Bubble Monday, Favorite T-Shirt Tuesday, Talent Show Wednesday, Birthday Thursday, Field Day/Luau Friday! We expect to see you! :)

3. Do you get higher ratings or something for more comments? Or do you just get a good feeling inside, like having a certain number of facebook friends or something?

4. 5 DAYS!!!!

MP
KC said…
I missed some blog entries. Super bummed. At least now I'm catching up
LH said…
MP: just the good feeling.

Had a great time with your peeps this week. Thanks for sharing them.

Popular Posts