The Monday

Let's see.  What happened to me today? I wore a beautiful beaded necklace from Ghana.  I went to a most excellent violin concert put on by our very own students.  Go tell Aunt Rhody.    I read These Hands to some fun little fifthsters and we talked about racism at the Wonder Bread factory.  Had lunch with some teachers and helped them grade papers.  Co-Taught some reading to some little firsties.  Got to hold little Hank Heffernan as he sucked happily on the Ghanian beads.  His hands are starting to work and he can sit up straight and be part of everything.  I love him so and I love his hilarious older brother as well.  Then this afternoon, something extraordinary happened.  Mitz and I met.  We drank coffee and started outlining our next research project.  It's going to feel so good to get back in the game, and any other sports metaphors we can throw in here.    And be forewarned Ms. KCW, we're going to start doing a little bit of writing as well.  Pretty big day for a Monday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What an exhausting day for you! I guess that's how it goes in a day in the life of a literacy partner! You rock!
N
KC said…
That's a huge day, but it sounds great. I'm scared to write, but I think it's a good idea.
LH said…
N, THANKS, KID! It was pretty fun. I think I overextended myself for tomorrow tho. I think I've double scheduled. Not good.

KC. We can do it. 15 minutes a day. Our paper's basically written. I think we should put a different spin on it and present it at ncte again next year.
mm said…
I looked up These Hands. It seems as though it would be a good introduction to our Children's Rights research project although it doesn't directly deal with children.
dw said…
That's a lot for a Monday. I got tired just reading it.
I don't get who Little Hank Heffernan is. Is he related to me? Is there a picture of him on Nana's fridge?

Also, as a side note, is everyone pictured on Nana's fridge related to me?

Who are all of these people?
Anonymous said…
Am I on Nana's fridge?
jw
kc said…
I agree with you, LH. Also, I'm relieved to hear you say that about NCTE. Let's make this thing happen. We can do it with the wiki.
jdoc said…
KC and LH -- I believe I heard the talk that you are making into a paper, and let me tell you, it's excellent and ready to go. I support this endeavor.
LH said…
WAY TO SUPPORT! Thanks JDoc!!!! We can do this!

IRoaCR, We're going to figure out your extended fam when we go to GA. Uncle K is a big help with this.

JW, we will bring a picture down. Because it should be that way.
kc said…
Thanks, jdoc. you are the best. Also, I loved your holiday card. My fave! You guys are so cute!!
LH said…
I didn't get a holiday card. What gives?
jdoc said…
LH, never fear. It's in the mail.
LH said…
I pretty much thought it was, but I like to kick up a fuss for dramatic effect from time to time. Keep everyone on their toes. Can't wait to see it!

Popular Posts